The City of Fenton Fire Department is made up of paid-on-call personnel, who are residents of our local community. We are a group of men and women who do ordinary jobs, but are ready to go at the moment a call comes in. When the call comes in, we become part of a dedicated team ready to face any emergency. View some department personnel and photos.
There is a current need for daytime personnel, people who will turn out and help in an emergency from approximately 8 am to 5 pm. Please review the following minimum requirements. If you feel you meet these basic requirements and are interested in filling out an application, please do so here online. A printed application form may be obtained from the Fire Department at 205 E Caroline Street, or the City of Fenton offices located at 301 South Leroy Street, right across from the Fenton Police Department. Download an Application for Employment (PDF). We look forward to hearing from you.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must provide proof of High School graduation or GED
- Must be physically able to perform the duties of a firefighter
- Must pass a physical exam and drug screen
- Must be able to pass a physical agility test
- Must have a valid driver's license. A valid Michigan driver's license is required for initial employment and must be maintained while an employee
- Must have a satisfactory background check conducted for criminal record, driving record, and personal history
- Must possess and/or be able to acquire firefighter certification as mandated by the State of Michigan Fire Fighters Training Council
- Must live within a reasonable distance from the fire station in order to respond to calls as there are no full-time firefighters on duty at the station
Once you fill out the online form or an application form to drop back off at the station, you will be contacted regarding it for a possible interview.